Your City Needs You.
Contact email@example.com if you would like to volunteer.
This is a free to attend event, totally funded by the businesses in Stirling through the Go Forth Stirling business improvement district.
We have a number of volunteers in place already to direct visitors to the attractions, and help out with the event. If you would like to be part of this new event for your city and help make the event a great success this year, please get in touch with us directly. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate.
Volunteers roles and responsibilities.
Saturday 24 August 2019 from 12 to 4pm in Stirling City Centre and Forthside. Arrive prior to event for a 10am breakfast briefing.
The event will take place at several locations in Stirling City Centre. The event is free to those attending and is targeted at families; inviting them to enjoy an activity led day that as well as being great fun will also promote the benefits of active, healthy living and showcase the City Centre as a destination of choice for leisure, retail and dining.
Your volunteer duties include:
- Acting as an ambassador for the event, providing information and assistance to the general public
- Giving maps to the visiting public and signposting them to attractions
- Gathering feedback from visitors
All volunteers will be provided with:
- A breakfast briefing session at Volunteer Scotland from 10am on Sat 24 August 2019 before event starts. This is a short walk from Stirling train station
- a branded Go Forth Stirling high visibility jacket that must be worn throughout the event
- A volunteering partner with whom to work during the event
In addition, specific attractions will need volunteer assistance:
Activities are provided by professional contractors and their own staff to safely operate all equipment. However, volunteers are required to help with possible queues if the event is busy and provide a visible presence so visitors are aware the event is being organised by Go Forth Stirling.